Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's official!


I just signed up to run the Laguna Hills Half Marathon!! I have been sort of training, but now need to kick into high gear because it's soon. I ran 8.5 last Saturday and this weekend going to run 9. I have been lucky enough to have my friend Juliann to run with. We do ALL of our runs together and it makes the time fly by having her to chat with. Now, I just need to get her to commit to the race. I will not be able to do it without her. Dan sister Em will be coming down for the race too, but she will probably be too fast for me to stay with. Dan already said that he was going to plan differnt surprises at certain mile markers to keep us entertained. Hopefully, there will be no mooning on the list! I'm excited but also very scared. I have trained for a half 3 years ago with Dan but then we never ended up running the actual race. I'll keep you all posted on our progress...and if you see Juliann, tell her how excited you are that she will be doing the race! (maybe that will make her turn in her enrty forms)

5 comments:

Juliann said...

Oh boy.....you actually sent in the money?? I'm in trouble.

The Hickman Family said...

Jared and I ran that when we lived there. Funny, it was right down the street from us! Good luck!

Emily P. said...

Do it, Juliann! Think of it this way: it'll just be an extra half hour more than usual to chat with Jaz! And apparently, Dan is brewing up some sort of suprises along the course...and THAT means the only way to save Jaz and I from being faced with his hairy butt is if you're there! Then maybe he'll restrain himself somehow!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

you are crazy! lol. i have done two plus ragnar and i would never do one in laguna hills, for pete's sake the name of the city has the word HILLS in it...

Schoenstars said...

You're gonna kick butt, Jazzie! And I swear, once you do your first one, you'll be addicted!!!