Saturday, April 16, 2011

Umami Burger


We have been hearing a lot about the infamous Umami burger so we decided to try it out last night. Jade was very excited to go because she really liked to say OOOMAMI. I ordered the Hatch burger which has lots of green chillies, and Dan ordered the original Umami with bacon lard bits. We concluded that they were good but definitely not worth the price of $12 per burger which does not include fires! It is actually a lot smaller than it looks in the picture. I will not ever be eating there again, not entirely from the steep prices but because last night it made a reappearance in my toilet. I don't think it sat well with Jade either. Last night was the first night since I can remember that she had a really hard time going to sleep. She didn't fall asleep until 10pm last night! Just thinking about this makes my stomach hurt again.
Try it if you dare!

5 comments:

Juliann said...

Ewwwwww.... hope you're feelin' OK!! :>) But did Dan like his??

Stopher and Nicolle said...

glad you are on the other side of the fence...everyone is raving about it..and my friends say that they didn't feel sick at all afterward. I get sick all the time when i eat out so i def won't be trying this out. we do want to try Hole in the Wall.

Emily said...

Duly noted--but I still wanna try it when I get out there next time! We'll just have to find a cute single guy from your ward to take me there:)

Courtney said...

Good to know. I've been hearing a lot about it for a while, but maybe won't try it after your review. Thanks for saving me $12!

Hope things are going ok while you're on bed rest. Let me know if you'd like me to come get Jade for a while so you can rest.

Lorraine said...

I'll take your word for it. $12.00 a burger and a bad stomach ache to boot, no thank you! Thanks for the heads up.