Thursday, June 4, 2009

BABY JADE IS HERE!!




May 28 4:10 am




6 lbs 13 oz




18.5 inches long








The labor went pretty great. I was doing a slow induction with cirvidil which is a 12 hour dose that softens the cervix. So the plan was to get the meds on and sleep through the night and get another dose and then start pitocin the next day. Well it went much quicker. The cirvidil was put on at 2pm and I was still on 1cm 60% and by 8 I was getting contractions that hurt but it was still manageable. By 10 pm we wanted to try to sleep. It wasn't bad enough to get an epidural so the nurse put meds in my IV that made me tired. 2 hours later I woke up in major pain. She checked me and I was only 2cm 80%. I got the epidural and rested some more. Two hours later of kinda sleep I started feeling pain again. I kept thinking that it was weird that the epidural was already wearing off. So I paged the nurse and she came in to check me. She said,"well your a 10 and the baby's head is right here!!" We were shocked. I went from a 2 to a 10 in 2 hour. I made Dan call my mom and tell her to hurry. My water still hadn't broke yet so when the nurse had me start practice pushes she could see the head coming out in the water bag. She is not allowed to break it but she kept trying all her tricks to get it to break but none worked. The doc and my mom showed up and she broke my water and out came baby Jade 2 pushes later. the only thing that was keeping her in was the water bag. Overall I wouldn't say it was super easy but I know I was lucky with such an easy labor.



Jade is 1 week old today! She is doing great. The first couple of days were rough until my milk came in. She would be starving all night long and all she would want to do was eat but I don't think I had enough for her. One morning after all night of screaming and eating we gave her a bottle of formula and she was a happy little girl. We felt so bad cause it was like we were starving her. But now it's much better. I still have to wake her up to eat every 2 hours until she goes back to her birth weight. When we left the hospital she weighed 6lbs 3 oz. We had to make lots of trips to the doctors and the lab to test her bilirubin levels. We were only one level away from checking back into the hospital. I'm so happy that it has started going down.




She loves to have her little legs crossed at the ankles. I remember on a couple of the ultrasounds she had her legs like that also. She is ALWAYS cooing and making noises. All night she sings to herself. It's super cute but at the same time I always think that she is awake and check and nope she's still asleep just humming to herself. She requires at least 2 diapers per changing time. I'm not kidding. Every time she goes I wait a long time just to make sure she's finished and I change her a sure enough 1 min later she goes again. I'm getting better at catching her pee in the old diaper before I put on the new one because she does that every time too. She always gets the hiccups right when she's all wrapped up half asleep in the middle of the night and it wakes her right back up. Her favorite time of the day is when daddy comes home and then she hangs out with him the rest of the night. Dan begs me to pump a bottle so that he can get up with her at least once in the night. One thing that nobody told me was that breastfeeding literally is your life. I feel like it's all that I do. But I'm loving every minute of everything. We are the happiest we have ever been and we love her soo much!







this video is kinda lame but it's the shortest one we have








10 comments:

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

You're a cow now Jazmine, at least that's how I felt! But I'm sure your boobs look nice are big! She is beautiful, and so very lucky! She is perfect!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Being a mom is the best thing in the whole world. Congratulation to the both of you. Kristen(Zablocki)Doby

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe how cute she is. Being a mom really changes everything, especially at first when they are so small. I hope I can meet her soon!

Natasha said...

I am so happy for you guys! You should definetly take Dan up on his offer... that's what we did and it was so nice. I would pump one bottle and Mark would do the first feeding or if I hadn't pumped he would always get Boston and bring him into bed and I would nurse and then when Boston was done Mark would take him and swaddle him and put him back to sleep. I'm not kidding when I say there were nights that I nursed Boston without ever really waking up because Mark did it all and it was so nice. You're lucky you have a wonderful husband who is willing to do that for you so take advantage of it. I can't believe how perfect she looks ... she looks like a c-section baby because she's not smashed at all.

amy and adam said...

Congrats! you are both gorgeous! Don't you just love the lack of sleep?! 4 hours and you think your'e in heaven! :-) they are so worth it!

Katie said...

She is so adorable! Congratulations!

Cindy said...

Congratulations! I'm glad your labor and delivery went so well - only 2 pushes! I'm so jealous. Sounds like everything's going well for you guys. Good luck!

Rebecca Pearce said...

Cute cute baby! We want to come see her... :)

Kim said...

she's beautiful. can't wait to meet her in person!!!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

i am so excited for you. i love love love the descriptiveness of the whole experience. you are so amazing. congrats!!