Saturday, July 31, 2010

SUCK IT!

Dan's family is visiting and his sister Nen is in the middle of training for a full marathon and she needed to run 12 miles today while she is here. She asked if I would want to run with her and I laughed at the fact. I have not ran really at all since the completion of my half and even earlier in the week went for a two mile run and was so tired. I agreed to run six with her knowing that even that would be a challenge. Last night I told Dan that if I was feeling good I wanted to just do the whole thing. He told me about a hundred times that it would not be possible because I was not in shape and I should not get disappointed with how it went. Well, I showed him!! After the first six I was surprisingly still feeling great so I decided to just keep going. I am proud to say that I ran 12 miles in 2 hours with NO TRAINING at all!! I have a fat blister on my toe and I probably wont be able to walk tomorrow but I am still proud none the less and happy to prove Dan WRONG!

1 comments:

danniandrockstar said...

Ah, I laughed at the blister and not being able to walk tomorrow part (only because I've been there). I got sucked into a triathlon with no training! People said the same thing to me, but I did it too! You go girl!