Monday, October 4, 2010

A couple of months ago I bought a huge framed mirror from a garage sale with the idea of turning it into either a cork board or a chalk board. Well, it has been sitting behind Jade's crib ever since and I finally got around to painting and transforming it. I wish I took a before pic. Just imagine it to be an ugly wood mirror. Here is how it turned out. I love it!

It was super easy. I just painted the frame blue and used chalk board paint. I suggest using the spray paint kind because it's easier to get a smooth finish and it's cheaper!


Here are some pictures from Ava's first birthday!! It was such a fun party. There were people there to play music and sing for the kids and before the performance Jade went and sat on the blankets waiting for them to start. It was so cute. They started to sing and give Jade her own show. She loved it!



At the party we were able to get our silhouettes done. A sillouette artist Karl Johnson was there. He is amazing!! He has been in O magazine and has cut out lots of famous people's faces. Here is how mine and Jade's turned out. I'm mad that Dan never got his done. I wish I took more pictures from the party because everything was beautiful. My camera died right at the start!


He's so good right? He just sits and looks at you and cuts and it only takes about a minute!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

The Sillouette Artist IS amazing!
I wonder if he has a Facebook page...? The Decor was very cute! Especially the Flower Balloons, what a cute idea!

Lorraine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.