Wednesday, August 31, 2011

dinner in Vegas?

Dan turned 30 last Friday. I really wanted to do something special because it is such an important birthday. I was at first going to plan a surprise party for him but after seeing how much money the party I wanted to throw was going to cost, I decided to do something super fun with just him and I. My good friend Taryn offered to watch Jade and I made sure that Dan was prepared to take that Friday off of work. I really made it seem like we would be doing something that day with Jade at maybe Disneyland or Sea World. The Thursday before his birthday I dropped Jade off and told Dan that another friend offered to babysit her that night so we could go to dinner alone for his birthday. I picked him up for work and took him to the Inn&out near the airport. He did think it was a little weird that I chose to eat there but we had a little picnic out on the grass and watched the planes fly over us and he had fun. He still had NO idea. After dinner, we got back into the car and I drove him straight into the long term airport parking lot. At that point he was asking many questions, but I was still able to throw him off and he did not think we would be actually getting on the plane. When we got out of the car and I grabbed the suitcase, that's when it hit him. He didn't find out that we were going to Vegas until we arrived at our gate.
We had such a fun time. We stayed at the Aria, one of the newest hotels on the strip. It was super hot in Vegas so we moslty lounged by the pool and at yummy food poolside. That night we ate at the Bellagio buffet which was delicious. We then saw the cirque du soleil show "O". I have seen 4 shows in vegas and so far it has been my favorite. We were able to sleep in until 8:15 the next morning and then flew back to LA.
What a fun weekend. Thanks so much Taryn for watching Jade. She had a blast with you guys!
Right when he was starting to suspect that something was up.

All of the desserts I ate at the Buffet. I want to mention that I left for Vegas I still wasn't really showing. Now that I am home I am for sure showing. I swear it was because I ate so much!
Haha, this is a funny story. I have never gambled at all before and when we were walking by one of the penny slots, I put a dollar in and pushed the spin once and won $2o!! It was awesome. Don't worry, that didn't hook me into playing anymore.

Jade, Macy, and Nate

2 comments:

Kim said...

A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!! what a great wife. happy birthday dan.

Juliann said...

You're such a fun wife!!! And those desserts looked incredible!! MMMMMmmmmm!