Thursday, March 31, 2011

potty update

So I decided to continue with the potty training. Yesterday 6 times in the potty with one accident and today 7 times in the potty with no real accidents. Jade would be 100% potty trained if I just took her to the potty every couple of hours. Whenever I have her sit and she has to go she will. The problem that I'm having is I want her to learn to tell me the she needs to go. The book says that to train her to do this I can't take her to go potty. I have to wait until I see her start going and then run her to the potty so she can learn the feeling of needing to go. So I tried this method today. Jade is really good about starting to go just a little and then stopping it. So I really had to watch her carefully. A couple of the pees today I saw that she went a little so then I took her to the potty to finish. She still hasn't told me that she needed to go. I think that will come with a little more days of practice. I'm so shocked how well this is going though. We even went to the beach today! 30 min drive there and back with no diaper! We did take her potty chair all the way out on the sand so she could go if she needed. It was pretty funny!! I'm going to Disneyland on Wednesday so that's my goal to be done with the training. Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!! And JADE IS AMAZING!!! Sending dry and happy thoughts your way:)

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

HOORAY for Jade!! That is such a huge milestone! She is such a big girl now!

Brit Warner said...

That's pretty awesome. Zoey is showing no sign of wanting to be potty trained. I was cracking up seeing jade on her potty at the beach. She is awesome.

Lindsey said...

That is so amazing!! I hope Emmett is that easy. Good luck over the weekend.. I'm sure she'll be telling you in no time.

Chandler & Cort Johnson said...

that picture of jade at the top of your blog is SO cute

Courtney said...

That's been the hardest part for me - when I can tell W has to go to the bathroom, but he won't tell me and I don't want to just take him. Hoping the next 36 hours show some improvement. You did a great job with Jade! Thanks for the example and letting me use the book.